Thursday, May 19, 2011

sweet hummingbird.

A little while ago we set up a hummingbird feeder on our patio. In our apartment complex there are a bunch of different hummingbird families living in the trees. I was actually able to see some baby hummingbirds in a nest, so cute! I've always loved hummingbirds but in Pittsburgh their extremely rare to see. It's said that if you see a hummingbird its good luck. Living here must be really lucky because I get to see them all the time.

I love how tough and protective they are. If another bird comes into their tree they go crazy. It doesn't matter how big the other bird is, they attack. I love watching these sweet little creatures dive bomb big black birds casing them away from their nest. One of our neighbors even named one of the little guys Scrappy because he'll fight anything that comes near his area.

So, without further delay here are some of my favorite hummingbird finds on Etsy.

{MaiAutumn}


{CuctusHugger}


{afterninetofive}


{poordogfarm}


{imagoDRIFT}


Also, I wanted to thank everyone for their nice comments and concerns about our little flooding incident. We should be all back in to our apartment today. I don't think Aurora's room is going to be ready to move back into yet but we can't stay another night in a hotel. She's really enjoyed the sleep overs she's been having with mommy and daddy. We've been really lucky to be in such a nice hotel. I can't wait to tell you all about it, that post is in the works with lots of pictures. We are also looking into specialty dog crates for Piston as well some new training. He's such a good dog... until we leave him alone. We'll get him there. Thanks again!

4 comments:

  1. What great finds! Love all of them!
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummingbirds make my heart happy! Thanks for posting this, they're lovely! Excited that you'll be home soon, but way bummed on the flooding! Hope you guys start to feel settled again soon!

    xo Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I love hummingbirds, they are the cutest thing. So tiny! I love to have humming bird feeders in my backyard! I'm glad you get to go home! Hopefully that pup of yours will be able to calm down when you guys are away! I hope your having a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love hummingbirds! we have succulents that have flowered and the hummingbirds LOVE them! that shirt is super cute too!!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete