Tuesday, March 22, 2011

fresh starts.

Well, March is starting to wrap up here. I feel like all the crazy business is starting to slow down. We are taking Granny to the airport today. It's really sad for everyone. It's so nice to have her here, and Aurora loves her so much. It just sticks that we can't live closer. Honestly, I don't think we would be happy back in Pittsburgh. I miss our families so much, but we love it here so much. It's so difficult.

With all the events and visits coming to a close here pretty soon I just keep thinking of a fresh start. I think in life you can hit the "freshen" button as many times as you need too to get going again. This past quarter has been going very poorly in my classes, well, my math class. I can only hope that I get through it. I did pretty well in my Photography class and I feel like I learned a lot in it. Math has always been my downfall. This exact class is one of the main reasons I never finished college the first time around. I'm crossing my fingers for a C at this point.

I'll have finished a year of college after these classes are done and I can't believe it. I can't give up now, I've been doing so well. I cut down to part time due to the baby being on the way. I think it really is for the best. It might take me longer, but that's okay. Classes stress me out enough and I have so many things I want to focus my time on now it's hard to juggle. I hope I can still manage with the new baby.

{i'm obsessed with this photo. I took it in sedona, az and used picnik.com to edit it.}


My Fresh Start list:
- Take special time with my family.
- Enjoy the one on one time with Aurora.
- Prepare for a new little arrival.
- Maintain a B average in my classes.
{only if I am successful at the previous 4}
- Start an Etsy shop.
- Be involved in more art events (but only when I can.)


I don't want to give up on my little Etsy journey, I feel like I have a lot of pressure in my life and maybe the timing isn't perfect, but I've been waiting too long to do this to stop now. It's been my goal, and it's really what I want to do. I'm not giving up.

Here's hoping!

P.S. I totally screwed up my appointment date and we find out TONIGHT if we are having a boy or a girl. I blame the pregnancy on my total lack of brain function!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to know if it's a boy or girl!!! I honestly can't even make a guess, cause every time I do with everyone I know that is pregnant, I'm ALWAYS wrong! I was even wrong with Lily cause I was sure she was a BOY for the first 20 weeks! Good luck...I'll be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see what you are having! I bet boy;) This is a great post! Fresh starts feel so good. I hope you are able to accomplish everything on your list<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sooo been there before with classes being rough! I'm an A-student, but I FAIL at math and chemistry! I don't know what it is... definitely not my lack of trying! Just push on through, and even if you don't do as well as you'd like, just know that you gave it your best and you made it through! That's really all you can do, sometimes. And once you're through, just knowing that you don't have to take THAT class again, feels AMAZING. ;-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your support guys! I think I did pretty well on my math test last night so I'm pushing through!

    I'm excited to share my big news as well ^_^

    ReplyDelete