Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

I'm not a big football fan, but I grew up in a town that when a game was on the world shut down. For 25 years I lived in Pittsburgh, PA, home of the Steelers. I can't say I like their quarterback, or the team in general very much, but I'm a Pittsburgher; it's in my nature to cheer for them.

If you have never been to Pittsburgh or don't know anything about the city, it's like a whole new world. Pittsburghers are often called "Yinzers" because we speak our very own language. I've caught myself using terms like "jag off," "read up your room," and "jagger bush" or even "Yinz guys ganna go to the mall n'at?" I can't help myself, since we've moved I've noticed my "accent" even more than ever.

I have to say I love living in Arizona, but a part of me will always be a "Yinzer." To explain more of the Pittsburgh nature I found some of my favorite Pittsburgh videos.

Growing Up in Pittsburgh


Going "Dahntahn"


My husband loves this song. It was filmed in Pittsburgh, we hear it one the radio here is Arizona.


And for all the Packers fans, just so there's no hard feelings




HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment