Wednesday, February 2, 2011

embracing the grey.

I’ve been on the topic of style in my head lately. I used to be surrounded by the ideas of the latest trends and fashions when I worked at a salon in Pittsburgh. It took me a while to find my place, but when I finally did it was great. If you asked me then if I liked my job I would have probably told you I hated it. Looking back now I can say that I loved it. There were some horrible customers but some great ones too and the people I got to work with were the best. One big bonus was I got my hair done on a semi regular basis for a fraction of the price! Let me tell you these girls had SKILLS! I miss watching them work effortlessly at making people feel, and look good. It’s amazing what a hair cut will do.

On the subject of hair, since we’ve moved to Arizona I have not had my hair cut or dyed since we left. My color is really faded, my hair is shaggy, and my grey… oh my grey…



I’ve been going grey since I was about 16 years old. When I was pregnant with my daughter, Aurora, it kicked into high gear and I’m gaining more and more grey by the day. I took a look in the mirror and thought about my plan of attack for my hair color situation. I decided to embrace the grey. I had been talking about growing out my natural color for a while, just to see what it would look like, and this time I think I’m going to do it. I think it would be kind of unique and ironic for a 25 year old to have some nice grey highlight throughout.

The one thing I really need; a hair cut!

This is a photo of my friend Krissy and I right before we left for AZ. As you can see my hair is SUPER short, and yes we are walking barefoot through Homestead, PA. It was for Hanson carity "Take the Walk." My feet hurt for days but it was so worth it.


My hair is pulled back to you can't really see the full effect of the grey but you get the picture.


What's a girl to do?


Now, how should I get my hair cut? Hmmm... I'll have to ponder that for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my little blog! And thanks for the follow! Right back atcha!!
    Just got my hair cut and colored yesterday - I so needed it!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need my hair done SO badly too! I have been dying my hair so long I really don't know if I am getting grey or not. My oldest sister turned completely gray by seventeen! haha. She hates it, my 60 year old mom has less gray ;). I don't think your gray is that noticeable :) and I say cut your hair, it looks so cute that way! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete