Saturday, January 15, 2011

the men's clothing issue.

Today I got to get out for a little while. Marc, my husband, got a gift card to Kohl's from my parents for Christmas and he is in desperate need of some new work attire. He attempted at one point to go shopping for himself but only came back with one dress shirt and a Princess outfit for Aurora. Although the Princess outfit is super cute and came with a wand that Aurora has been "Poofing" everything with, Marc can't really wear it to work. He asked me to take the gift card and find him a nice outfit to wear. I didn't think this was going to be a very big deal until I actually got to the store.

I have come to this realization; men's clothes suck. There is hardly any verity or choices. It's a selection of different colored jeans or kahkis with a small selection of shirts to wear with the bottoms. I know a lot of guys can get really creative with what they wear and I give them a lot of credit for that. My husband is a simple man and I almost feel bad for him. With woman’s clothes at least you have variations is colors and patterns or even design. We can wear pants, short, skirts, or dresses. We also get a more wide verity of accessories to go a long with our outfits. Even the most "basic" of woman's attire can get pretty complex.

kohl's.com


Why am I telling you all of this? I have no idea. It's just a thought that crossed my mind about the way men view getting dressed every morning. "Should I wear the jeans with the brown shirt or blue shirt?" Not all that exciting. Although a lot of times I feel very lazy about looking nice and "getting dressed" I feel lucky to have more options then a lot of men feel like they do.

kohl's.com


Any thoughts on the male fashion predicament?

1 comment:

  1. Ross is the same way: his whole wardrobe pretty much consists of khakis, nice jeans, tan, blue, and brown polo shirts and button-downs. His challenge is in the arena of The Skinny Jean. Ross hates The Skinny Jean, because his legs are built like genuine man-legs (strong, sturdy and a little stocky). Sadly for him, like women's jeans, men's jeans are creeping closer and closer toward the dreaded "tapered leg" or "pencil cut" look.

    Please, God, no...

    ReplyDelete