Monday, November 29, 2010

whats in a name?

Since I’ve been blogging at a ramped rate I decided to dial it back a little bit and explain a little of whom I am and what this blog is “about.” I’ve always been a web savvy individual, this is not my first blog but it’s the first blog I’ve written in a very long time. I blogged about silly things and basic life stuff back in college and I attempted to run a few websites when I was in high school, which, well who knows what happened to them. When I first discovered Etsy.com I loved checking out artist’s websites and blogs to see what stories they had to tell behind their art work and I knew that I terribly wanted to sell on Etsy too. Soon after a good friend of my, Becky, started her blog. She’s such a wonderful writer and very inspiring which made me want to start a blog as well. It took a couple of tries but “with a chance of” was finally born!

with a chance of

Now you may ask “what the heck is up with that name?” I know, if you read anything about running a website or blog or company it will tell you to keep is short sweet and easy to remember. “Something with a chance of other stuff” doesn’t seem all that easy, but I think it’s catchy. The term actually comes from the idea of weather. Living in Pittsburgh the weather is ever changing from “Sunny with a chance of clouds,” or “Cloudy with a chance of thunder storms”or“This weather is so unpredictable that it has a chance of doing anything.” I never stick to the same niche for very long, I’m always bouncing around in what I want to do, what I’m interested, or what I make, so I knew this blog wasn’t going to be steam line and I need the title to explain that. There’s a little of this something but sometimes you’ll get a little of that something too. When I was first describing the name “with a chance of” people assumed that it had to do with taking chances, in some ways it does. Withachanceof.etsy.com still hasn’t taken off but it will soon I hope, it is one of the things on my “Before 26” list.

All that stuff brings us to where I am today. Living in Phoenix, AZ with my wonderfully crazy family and enjoy it as much as I possibly can. There are a few things that have kept me going since we’ve moved here other then my family: blogging, school, Hanson (music), and facebook. I’m so glad I can keep busy writing and being creative, it filled a great big hole and I’m starting to discover who I am. Thanks to everyone who has been reading, just started reading, and encouraged me to write and create.

I can’t wait to see where this ride is taking me…

Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I relate to you on a LOT of things...

    And I love the name you chose for your blog. :) It was good to get to know you a little more.

    ReplyDelete