Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"You'd rather focus on other people's Kodak moments than make memories of your own!"


Here I am sitting at my computer at a little after 11:30pm on a Sunday night, this may not sound strange to most because but it’s very odd for me. If it didn’t seem to crazy I would go to bed at 9:30pm every night. I just got done watching 27 Dresses and I couldn’t help but ponder why I love chick flicks so much. Me? I grew up watching Indiana Jones and Star Wars but was terrified at Bambi; I can’t get enough of these girly movies! I must add that my pour husband tonight had to put up with a very grumpy girl. When I watch something I through myself entirely into the story, I have to hear every word and notice every glace of every character. He wonders how after watching a TV show only one time I get repeat lines like I’ve watched that episode a 100 times, call it a gift. Now if only I could use my powers for good. Anyways, I’ve gotten off topic.

Why I love “chick flicks”: Personally when I sit down to watch something I want it to make me feel good. We get enough bad news from TV, newspapers, and the internet. For a little while I would like to shed the cruelty, politics, blood, guts, and violence, give me some down to earth wholesome human interaction! I am a self proclaimed expert people watcher. I want to be able to tell how a person is going to react within the first five minutes of seeing them better then they know themselves, it’s a little creepy, but interesting.

Another reason why I love chick flicks is they tug on your hear strings. I love the way they make me feel alive a little bit. Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we miss those little moments, like the cheesy ones in chick flicks that make life sparkle. Don’t even try and tell me that those moments don’t exist! I bet if you look deep into your memory you’ve had those moments where you get so drunk you end up singing at the top of your lungs with strangers at a bar, I can’t be the only one that’s done that.

And last but certainly not least, chick flicks make me feel better about me. I look at these crazy women and men and they’re ridiculous ideals and think “Man, I’m not as crazy as I thought I was,” because you know that there are people out there in the world that are actually thinking, “Oh my gosh! I’ve so done that!”

So bottom line, no matter how much my poor husband doesn’t want to watch chick flicks or how much my inner feminist refuses to believe I like them I will still be watching them. Hollywood, bring it on….
ps - title quote was from 27 dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment