Wednesday, June 16, 2010

poetry

I was going through some old notebooks of mine and stumbled on a poem I wrote years ago. It was published in a book called “Under a Quick Silver Moon” and copyrighted to me. Now I myself have never actually seen this publication but I think this was the peak of my writing skills when I wrote this so I wanted to share it.

sad angel eyes
gazed down upon me
they could see right through me
feeling every pain in my life
a shocking wave of faith
crashed down upon me
as i wept over a dead mans eyes

sad angel eyes
see through the world
as they gaze upon the mess we have made
and the life we lead that scares them

and innocent child left today
now i know he isn’t far away
he’ll be guiding me
and helping me
ever single step of the way

sad angel eyes
wondered into my gaze
and i thought of my blank stare
and my dull eyes of despair

so what are your guesses on what it’s about? It could be so many different things that have happened in the past several years, but what does it mean to you? Share with me in a comment and maybe I’ll disclose the true inspiration later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment